I’ve already written about the one thing I hate about being a mom. But there are so many things I love. So since Mother’s Day is approaching, I thought I would make a simple list of some of those things.
- When Faith toddles across the room just to sit in my lap for a few seconds before she’s off exploring the world again.
- When Journey gives one of his concerts. What he lacks in pitch he makes up for in enthusiasm and gusto.
- When Faith twirls around to music. It may not be the most graceful, but it’s so cute.
- When the kids learn something new or master a skill. I especially love when I have played a part in the learning process.
- When the kids come running to the door to welcome me home whether I’ve been gone five minutes or five hours.
- When only my kisses and hugs will make it all better. Don’t tell my husband that this is one of my favorites.
- When the kids play together and the house is filled with their joy and laughter.
- Saturday mornings when the kids invade our bed.
- When Faith grabs onto my chin as I settle her for the night.
- Baking with Journey. I call him my little sous chef.
- And a million other little things!
Despite the numerous challenges that motherhood can bring, the joys far out weigh the stresses.
Happy Mother’s Day!